Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Approval Manager

Diane Kelley August 13, 2021

Hi, I am trying to add "add approval" workflow, but I don't see the option on my screen.

Also, can I set a dynamic approval.

For example, if I have a purchase request for :

Type A

Type B

Type c

I want all Type A's to go to one individual, B to go to antoher etc.8-13-2021 1-25-03 PM.jpg

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2021

Hi @Diane Kelley and welcome,

Approvals works only if from a status you have (at least) TWO outgoing transitions. One for approve and one for reject. Once you associate this workflow with an issue type, set it as active that is, only then the approval checkbox will appear and then you can configure it.

Concerning the dynamic approval you can achieve that by auto assign the approval to individuals based on what the user will have selected (type a, b ,c).

Hope that helps.

Alex

Alex,

Thanks for the quick reply. My current flow has the two outgoing. Here is screenshot of my current. I must be missing something else?8-13-2021 1-54-46 PM.jpg

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2021

Did you activate your workflow?

Your project is a JSM project, right?

Looks like IT set me up with JWM and the workflow is in Draft Mode.

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2021

Approvals exist only on jira service management projects. You will not find them on software or work management.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-an-approval-stage-for-a-request/

Well, that ought to do it. Wouldn't it. Make sense, Thank you. I'll post again if I'm at a blocking point. Thank you! I was scouring and couldn't find it for the life of me, so I'm glad I post. Hallelujah! Thank you.

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2021

No worries! I'm glad I could help. Feel free to mark my answer as accepted in order to help others in this community. Thanx!

Last question. Is there a way to transfer it over seamlessly? I don't have an data record to it right now.

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2022

No need to transfer them. You will find them all under workflows and these can be shared or even copied.

0 votes
Answer accepted

Thanks for resolving my issue. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS