Work Management list view filter shows components and labels from other projects

Sean Stokke June 13, 2022

It seems that even though labels and components are project specific, the list view filter shows labels and components from other projects.  I can't seem to find a way to modify this, but I would assume the logic for the filter would be to only pull components/labels from that particular project.  

Has anyone noticed this behavior, and is this intentional or a bug?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Oliver Siebenmarck _Polymetis Apps_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2022

Hi @Sean Stokke ,

As @John Funk pointed out – if you see Components that are not part of your project, that's a bug. It could potentially also be an overly eager autocomplete in your browser, although I don't think I've seen that with Components in Jira before. A screenshot would indeed be interesting to see.

Labels, however, are a different matter. Jira will always propose labels from all-over your instance – if you only ever use a label once, Jira will show that as an option. More so, there is some caching involved here, so you might even see a label that is not on any issue anymore. It does make sense if your focus is to avoid similar but differently spelled labels, but is annoying when you want to separate label use by project. 

Best regards,
 Oliver

Sean Stokke June 16, 2022

Thanks Oliver, it turns out it was a cache issue.  I tried in a new browser, cleared cache, and I am now seeing only the components that belong to that project.  If the issue persists, I will submit it as a bug.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2022

Hi Sean,

Just for clarification - Components are specific to projects, but Labels are not. And you can have the same Component name in multiple projects. So if you see Components that you don't think that you should, check the Project Settings > Components to see if they actually are there. 

Sean Stokke June 14, 2022

Ok fair point on labels.  But, I am still seeing components from other projects (not created on the current project being viewed) show up in the filter in my list view.  I am happy to supply pictures if that helps.  That said, even with labels, I would expect the filter only to look at labels that are currently in play on that project.  That is how the rest of the filters work, i.e. assignee and reporter.  

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2022

Yes, please share some images. 

Sean Stokke June 16, 2022

I went to share some images, then remembered Oliver's comment above regarding caching, because I was seeing some inconsistencies in my digging around.  I tried a different browser, cleared cache, and that seems to have resolved my issue.   

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events