Will list, form & calendar feature ever be ported to Jira Cloud?

Kieran Donnelly October 14, 2021

Came across a demo 'business' project that had a useful Lists, Calendar and Forms feature. Was surprised to discover these 'features' are limited to Jira Work Management templates.

I tried to replicate an existing Jira Cloud project in JWM and it failed:

- could not get the board to work (without modifying my custom workflows)

- could not create a form that showed the fields from a custom issue type with custom fields

- could not create more than one form

Given that calendar, lists and forms appear to be the value add, why not include them in Jira Cloud Premium? Are there any plans to make these features available in Jira Cloud?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2021

Hi Kieran,

Please realize that Jira Work Management is still under development as a whole. The development team is working hard to bring on new features and functionality. 

But also realize that Business projects under JWM are not intended to work like Software Projects  in Jira Software. So the board is very limited. There is not a plan to create multiple boards against the project. The board will only work with one workflow. Even if there are multiple issue types, they all must work with the same workflow or the board will blow up.

Right now you can only create one form. But there are plans for multiple forms in the future. 

Having said all of that, there are no plans to port the List, Timeline, Forms, or Calendar over to Jira Software projects.

I hope that helps a little. 

Kieran Donnelly October 27, 2021

It does provide clarity but it demonstrates a lack of vision that benefits the customer. The Atlassian issue backlog is where basic functionality requests and great suggestions go to die. 

I would love to know which 'software' teams would not benefit from a calendar or list view. It feels like Atlassian want an incoherent mix of third-party apps rather than deliver a truly great product out of the box. /rant

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 15, 2021

Hi @Kieran Donnelly

one thing to consider is that a lot of views and capabilities are also available via the Atlassian Marketplace. These are then typically compatible with all project types, including Jira Software projects.

As examples, if you're looking for a calendar view, you could check out Calendar for Jira. If you're looking for an interactive list/table view on your issues, you might like JXL for Jira. There's also a number of Form apps but I haven't tried them myself.

JXL-video.jpeg

(Disclaimer: I work on JXL :))

Hope this helps!

Kieran Donnelly October 27, 2021

Hello @Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira 

We've been paying for JXL for a number of months now already. Just surprised that Atlassian implemented a similar feature but only made available in a limited fashion.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events