Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Jira Work Management add swimlanes to board?

Michaela Poláková January 13, 2022

I've just discovered that Jira Work Management does not have Jira Software Boards, Which effectively means we need to migrate to Jira Software or other software that has normal boards.

But may be it is in backlog and will be shipped in near future and we don't need to migrate?

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2022

Hi Michaela - welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Jira Work Management is not Jira Software, so no, you would not expect it to have "software boards". JWM has it's own built in board. 

Not sure if they plan to introduce those or not. 

However, you CAN create a "software board" - it's really just a Kanban board, and use a filter that retrieves issues from teh JWM project. You just won't be able to put the JWM project name in the Location field for the board. You can use your personal profile, or another software project name. 

But you don't need to migrate if you just want swimlanes. 

Michaela Poláková January 17, 2022

Thank you very much!

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2022

You are very welcome! If this answered your question, can you click on the Accept Answer above to close this one out? Thanks!

1 vote
Jane Yeoh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2022

Hi Michaela,

Thank you for reaching out! I’m Jane, one of the Product Managers on the Jira Work Management team.

We’re currently testing out a new grouping concept on the board that's quite different from swimlanes. If you’re interested in being involved, feel free to book in some time in my calendar here: https://calendly.com/jyeoh/45min . We’d love to run through with you some designs and prototype that could help improve the way work is organised in your business boards.

Looking forward to hearing back,

Jane

Sarah Cummings April 14, 2022

Hi Jane, has this now been rolled out more broadly? I'm wanting to add the equivalent of swimlanes to the timeline board. Not sure if your solution will solve for that? Thanks

Like # people like this
Francesca de Leon June 6, 2022

Hi @Jane Yeoh

Keen to know about the new grouping concept on the JWM boards! Currently, all epics and tasks sit together, would be awesome if they could be grouped together by epics

Like # people like this
Peter Sefont July 24, 2023

Hi Jane, Is there any update to this?

Like # people like this
Yael Gilboa October 16, 2023

hi, is there any update on this feature? I'm trying to figure out how we can group on the board.

Karen Aiken October 25, 2023

There's an open feature request -

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JWMCLOUD-25

0 votes
Karen Aiken October 25, 2023

There's an open feature request for this functionality - add your vote!

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JWMCLOUD-25

Yael Gilboa October 25, 2023

done!

Like Karen Aiken likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events