Why do start and due dates defined in a timeline disappear?

Dennis Zelle December 5, 2021

Hi there!

I've noticed a strange behavior when defining start and due dates of tasks in the timeline view of Jira Work Management.

I've set the start date of a task and its duration directly in the timeline view. However, despite the dates are shown correctly in the timeline, it seems to me that they won't be linked to the task. The dates are not always shown in the task dialog (it's puzzling: sometimes they do, often they don't).

Also, when changing the project view from timeline to another view, e.g., to the list view, the defined start and due dates simply disappear from all views.

Any recommendations how to avoid this behavior? It's quite frustrating that the defined course of a project simply disappears.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you!

Dennis

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Carla Baba
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2021

Hi @Dennis Zelle thanks for reporting this. 
It seems like a bug in the timeline view, the team will be looking into it. 

motorcycledata December 27, 2021

I am experiencing the same issue. Set due dates by moving and stretching in the timeline, then switch to the board view and some of them are lost (or changed even).

This is absolutely counter-productive, been trying to get my planning done for hours now and I can start all over. A real show-stopper!

Carla Baba
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2022

Hi @motorcycledata , thanks for reporting the issue.

A fix for the bug should be in place by now.

Like motorcycledata likes this
motorcycledata January 16, 2022

Good to hear, I'll have a look at it later! Thanks!

motorcycledata January 18, 2022

Hi Carla,

I ran some tests this morning. Created new tasks with subtasks, from the timeline, the board and list. Scheduled and rescheduled them via the timeline.

In between I moved several times to the board and list views and any timing set on the timeline now sticks.

It's really convenient to be able to schedule like this!

A big "thank you" to you and the Jira team!

Like Carla Baba likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events