Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I see Project Settings - Issue Layout

Giles Hawtin August 8, 2022

Hi - new to Jira and trying to add Custom Fields to my Project so I can see them in List and Issues - I've added the Custom Field but can't see how I make this visible in my Project Issues and List - Help says go to Project Settings - Issue Layout, but I don't seem to have this option?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2022

Hi @Giles Hawtin ,

Welcome to the community !!

Can you please confirm if you are using team managed or company managed project

Team managed

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2022

@Giles Hawtin 

Go to project settings --> Issue types --> You can create field. Drag the required field types to the Description or Context fields sections and then enter the "Field Name"

Previously created fields can be found at the bottom section in the right sidebar. 

image.png

The field doesn't appear as an option to drag across - I created the field via the main Settings - Issues - Custom Fields process - was this the wrong way to create it?

Thanks

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2022

@Giles Hawtin 

Yes, its wrong for Team managed projects. 

Fields created under settings --> Issues --> Custom fields can be used for company managed projects. 

Fields in team-managed projects are contained within the project itself. Currently, you can't share a field created in one team-managed project with another team-managed project, or with a company-managed project. Similarly, you can't use a custom field created in a company-managed project on your team-managed project issues. 

Thankyou Rilwan - another lesson learned.

Like Rilwan Ahmed likes this
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2022

Always here to help fellow Atlassian users :)

0 votes
Nikki DuBois August 8, 2022

If company-managed, do you have Atlassian Org Admin rights?

Yes - I am in a Standard Trial period and I am the only user

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD Trial
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events