Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why aren't tasks showing on the board?

SAn4Es_TV May 28, 2023

Hello!

Can you help with the problem?
I created 1124 tasks via import, but only 1000 tasks are displayed in the board.
If you create a task manually, it will immediately disappear from the board, but will be visible in the task tab

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2023

Hello @SAn4Es_TV 

Work Management projects are limited to displaying the first 1000 issues in the project.

There is a change request to increase that limit here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JWMCLOUD-23

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2023

Hi @SAn4Es_TV and welcome to the community,

Can you please clarify what do you mean by board? The kanban board? And in addition, what is the task tab? The list of tasks? It would be really helpful if you could share screenshots

SAn4Es_TV May 28, 2023

Sorry i meant issues tab

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2023

@SAn4Es_TV if you have created more than 1 issue type (e.g. task and story) and these issue types have different workflows, then you can see the rest of the issue if you go on the upper right corner and click on the ellipsis menu (...More) and click "workflows". You should see more than 1 available workflows. If you click on the others you should be able to view your issues:

workflow.png

SAn4Es_TV May 29, 2023

Снимок экрана 2023-05-29 112002.png

I do not have such buttons in the "More" menu

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 29, 2023

Right.

Can you please share a screenshot of your issues list? It seems that most likely these issues are in the Done column and they don't have a resolution:

team managed board.pngteam managed issue list.png

Like SAn4Es_TV likes this
SAn4Es_TV May 29, 2023

Снимок экрана 2023-05-29 145114.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 29, 2023
SAn4Es_TV May 29, 2023

Well... I have a different problem than in your link.
While importing issues from the CSV file, everything was fine, but when there were more than 1000 issues, they were no longer displayed on the board. That is, a maximum of 1000 issues can be displayed in the board?

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 29, 2023

@SAn4Es_TV to be honest I haven't face any issue while importing issues. And to be more honest, I haven't tried to upload more than 1000 issues to a work management, team managed project. I'll try to reproduce your issue. Can you give me abit more details about the import, statuses, fields, issue type etc you are trying to import?

SAn4Es_TV May 29, 2023

I imported issues into an additionally created column (status) and exposed them to an additionally created type. After importing more than 1000 issues , try creating a issue manually

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 29, 2023

@SAn4Es_TV as Trudy well states, most probably the problem is that WMP can't show more than 1000 tasks. Vote for that issue to get updates!

0 votes
Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2023

Hi @SAn4Es_TV , 

Can you check the newly created issues Resolution? Is it set to some values like Done, Closed or Resolved? 

As per my understanding, if the resolution set then it should not be visible. 

Check the post function on create issue workflow if there is any post function applied to update the resolution. 

SAn4Es_TV May 28, 2023

My values are the same as in the previous issues, I even tried to copy them, but the created copies are also not displayed. Does the board have any display of issues?

Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2023

If it's a Kanban board then please check if there is any sub filter query applied on the board. 

SAn4Es_TV May 28, 2023

How to find out the type of board?
I use the one in the browser

Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2023

Just open your project and take a screenshot of it then share it with us. 

SAn4Es_TV May 28, 2023

Снимок экрана 2023-05-28 222020.png

Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2023

Click on the Three dots at the top right side and then go to the Board Settings>>Columns>>Check If there is any unmapped status available. If any available then move it under any Column.

SAn4Es_TV May 29, 2023

Снимок экрана 2023-05-29 112002.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events