Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Fields from a Filters created disappear?

Lydmarie Santiago January 13, 2022

When I add a Field on a Filter created, when I refresh the page, the Field disappear

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

Welcome to the community!

Do you mean you are adding a field to the query?  Or do you mean you are adding a field to the issue navigator display?

If it is the issue navigator, then it might be the filter definition.  In the issue navigator, there are actually three "views" - predefined sets of columns that you might select from.   These views determine which fields you see when you land on the issue navigator.

1. The first, and most obvious is the system default.  Only admins can change that, but if you try to add columns to it, it will create the second option below:
  2. Your view, which is personal to you.  Once you've created this by amending (what is now an independent copy of) the system default, Jira will use it by default for you.
  3. But there is a third - you can set a column view on a saved filter as well.  If you do this, then whenever someone lands on the filter, they will see the column view saved with the filter, not their own view or the system default.  Only the owners of the filter can amend the columns.

So, I think what you are doing here is adding columns to your personal view, while looking at a filter that has its own view.  When you refresh, you're revisiting the filter, so it is setting you back to the filter's view of the columns!

To see these, click on "columns" and pay attention to the three "tabs" at the top - my defaults / filter / system - the current view is highlighted, and you can swap between the three.

Lydmarie Santiago January 13, 2022

Thanks for your quick response. When I am in the Filter created, I want to add more Fields, to view the Issues that I want to be filtered. I am not able to filter the Fields, even though I select the Fields, and select a check box, the Filters are not working on the issues. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

I do not understand that.  "The filters are not working on the issues" does not make sense, because filters do not do anything for issues.  Filters find issues and then something displays them.

I talked about the "issue navigator" earlier - that's a simple grid view of the list of issues a filter returns.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events