Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When chossing the resolution field, the default resolution will displayed

Maeneth December 15, 2022

Hi Community,

I have set a post function as below on the resolved status. when I choose the resolution as working is designed, or user error or agreed hold, duplicate and submit. By default it will displyed fixed in the resolution field. I want the resolution field will appear for the resolution that I set for that ticket. How I can do that?

Capture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2022

Hi @Maeneth ,

Rsolution field is a single option field. Post Functions, such as configured, will set always your resolution to the last pf configured (Fixed). If you want that resolution field will be choose by user at transition screen level you need to delete all pf (from 1 to 6 from your workflow).

Moreover, my suggestion is to set Resolution as mandatory field through a validator and, if necessary, you can define what resolutions are valid through a workflow property (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-workflow-properties/)

Transition properties

jira.field.resolution.include and jira.field.resolution.exclude

If you don’t want a particular resolution to be available on an issue while it’s on a particular status, you can use the jira.field.resolution property to restrict it.

Examples

Use case

Key

Value

Enable a particular resolution on a transition

For example, if you want to enable the “Duplicate” resolution on a transition.

jira.field.resolution.include

(resolution IDs separated by comma)

Disable a particular resolution on a status

For example, if you want to disable the “Duplicate” resolution on a transition. This will make the resolution unavailable.

jira.field.resolution.exclude

(resolution IDs separated by comma)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events