Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would be best practice to handle large number of tickets?

Max Sudik May 9, 2021

Hi All,

I'm just curious, what would be the best practice to handle a large number of tickets in Jira Work Management?

For example in Jira Software using scrum board I can put not active tickets in the backlog and then break them down into multiple sprints. That helps to manage those tasks and plan accordingly.

So, what if I have 500 tickets using Jira Work Management in "To Do" column, and I keep adding them based on the client's needs? As for now, from what I can see, the only solution is to store them in "To Do" column and define "Due Date", so they can be displayed on the Timeline or in the Calendar.

Do you have any thoughts or plans to add new features to the product?

Thanks,

M

2 answers

1 vote
Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2021

Hi @Max Sudik , thanks for the question. For larger projects, I would use the List view primarily and take advantage of the new filtering options. This should make it easier to reduce the number of visible tasks to be done. You can also sort by when issues were created, updated, or their priority if any of those options make it easier. Hope that helps!

0 votes
Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 21, 2021

Interesting question @Max Sudik , but I imagine that there could be as many good practices for sorting 500 tickets as there are organizations and immediate needs. 

Would you consider more sophisticated prioritization schemes? Categories and labels? Additional columns?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events