Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to sync two Jira's?

Jesús C. August 1, 2022

Hi everybody!

We are planned to share some tickets among our Jira and external's Jira. I'd like to know what's the best way or tool to do it. I found Exalate and Jira Jira issue sync, but I want to know your experiencies with them or if you know a better way to do it.

Thanks!

5 answers

3 votes
Brad Peterson October 10, 2022

Hello @Jesús C.,

As mentioned in the previous answers, two Jira instances can be integrated by a third-party integration solution providing true bidirectional synchronization with reliable and predictable synchronization outcomes. 

OpsHub, an Atlassian partner, provides a no-cost Community Edition available that integrates standard entities. The Community Edition is rich enough for small deployments. You can download it and have a look if it meets your requirement. OpsHub’s Commercial Edition additionally supports the integration of more advanced data. 

Before you start evaluating third-party integration solutions, you need to finalize your integration requirements, E.g., Entities to be synced and data fields to be mapped. When you are clear about your requirements, you can start evaluating the marketplace options available for Jira to external Jira integration. 

The following evaluation criteria can be considered during the evaluation of third-party Integration Solutions.

• Conflict Detection and Resolution Mechanism: When the same data is edited in both endpoints being synchronized simultaneously, careful detection and resolution are needed to ensure both endpoints have consistent data and Master system data is not overwritten unknowingly. Check whether the tool supports the Conflict Detection and Resolution Mechanism to achieve Eventual Data Consistency.
  • Integration Approach: Some of the tools are plugins on the supported trackers(nodes). These have a few major drawbacks:  Poor reliability and error recovery and impact on user response times as plug-in is executed in the user interaction stream. Keep these factors in mind during the evaluation of the Integration solution.
  • Skills Required:  Some tools are a collection of unsupported beta versions of scripts, requiring a very high degree of sophistication. These can be extremely time-consuming, error-prone, and can hinder operations. As part of the evaluation, analyze what part of integration may require script and involvement from your side.

Please reach out to OpsHub’s integration experts for an initial free consultation on integration planning.

Thanks

Brad

3 votes
Dhiren Notani_Exalate_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2022

Hi @Jesús C. ,

This is Dhiren from Exalate.

Exalate, provides a fully bi-directional synchronization between Jira(Cloud,Server,Data Center) and Jira(Cloud,Server,Data Center) among other ITSM systems that is fully customizable. It is easy to set up and the entire customization can be configured using a no-code interface. It also provides a Groovy based scripting engine for limitless customizability.

You can even integrate between Jira Software, Jira Service Management (Service Desk) and sync issues inside projects back and forth to achieve your integration requirements.

Exalate provides a flexible synchronization engine such that issues are automatically and securely synced - between multiple Jira's - wherever hosted. Benefit from a unified view and integrated workflow!

Use cases supported:

• Service Desk to Service Desk
  • Service Desk to Software
  • Agile Board Cooperation
  • Ticket Tunnels
  • Information Consolidation
  • Centralized Master Instance
  • Migration
  • Support and development

If you would like to see a customized demo of the product in action, feel free to book a slot with us. 

Thanks
Dhiren

2 votes
Rajesh Ramankutty August 1, 2022
Jesús C. August 1, 2022

I am gonna check it, thanks!

1 vote
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2022

Hi @Jesús C.

I'd recommend to check out the list of "issue sync" apps in the Atlassian Marketplace.

Since I'm part of the team behind Backbone Issue Sync, I'm obviously biased and won't try to give you a recommendation. But I can give you a couple of thoughts you should keep in mind:

• Be clear which tickets you want to synchronize and which one's not. How do you identify them, e.g. by some custom field?
  • Which fields should be shared? Also comments or attachments?
  • Do you have the same users in both Jiras? (How) would you like to map user data?
  • Do you have the same workflow on both sides or different ones? If different, how would you expect it to be mapped?

After you've developed that plan what you want to synchronize, you could start trial version of the various apps you'd like to evaluate and see which one fits your needs the best.

Hope that helps,
Matthias.

Jesús C. August 1, 2022

Thanks for the tips, Matthias!

Like Umer Sohail _K15t_ likes this
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 2, 2022

@Jesús C. I understand. What is the budget you have in mind for your integration? We have flexible options depending on the use cases. If you're willing to explore this as an option, we can still have the demo meeting. We'll get into the details of your use case and discuss ZigiOps as a solution (capabilities and pricing options).

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 1, 2022

@Jesús C. hello! If you're looking for a fast and secure connection between the two Jira instances, take a look at ZigiOps. It's a no-code integration tool. It allows for customization to cover a wide variety of use cases. ZigiOps works bi-directionally - syncing the two Jiras and keeping them up to date in real-time. You can choose what data to transfer between them- incident, task, bug, story, issues, tickets, etc. Feel free to look at it and book a demo - if you want to see it in action. 

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave)

Jesús C. August 1, 2022

Thanks @Diana_Architect_ZigiWave. I'have already checked your website, but I'm afraid that 600 EUR per month is expensiver than I have in mind (https://zigiwave.com/zigiops-pricing/).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events