Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to manage resource with JIRA?

Claire Cousens October 29, 2021

I am looking for a app that works with JIRA to easily manage resource across all teams.  Or can this be done in JIRA already?

I want to be able to see all allocated resource and also plan for the future too so I can manage capacity going forward and plan ahead

4 answers

2 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 29, 2021

Hi @Claire Cousens 

I'm Nataliya from ActivityTimeline team. Taking into consideration your requirements it seems like our add-on fits your request. 
With ActivityTimeline you can plan resources on Personal and Team Timelines. You will be able easily to schedule tasks and allocate resources across the teams.

The workload and availability indicator will give you a clear vision of the available capacity of each Jira user/resource. Vacation/day-off, bookings, placeholders are also available in the add-on.
ActivityTimeline provides different modules for planning, tracking and reporting including timesheets reports. 
If you have any additional requirements please feel free to ask me. We can provide a demo session for you if needed. 
Best, Nataliya

Hi 

I have actually just been looking at your software and I think it could be really useful.  I am not sure if we have JIRA set up in the right way to ensure this will work  for us, but I am keen to explore the option.

Could we arrange a demo?  I would like involve others within the company too, to ensure we all evaluate this.

Like # people like this
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 29, 2021

Sure, you can schedule a demo session for you and your team. Just select a free slot in calendar and book a meeting. Here is a link https://activitytimeline.com/schedule-demo Our team can provide you with all the necessary information. 

Best, Nataliya 

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2021

Jira does have resource planning, but you have to be on the premium plan in order to get access to Advanced roadmap. There are also apps in the Marketplace that you can use for this.

Thank you I shall take a look

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
0 votes
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
November 2, 2021

Hi @Claire Cousens

If you are thinking about resource management in the broader project management context, take a look at BigPicture.
The Resources module allows managing Teams' capacity & planning their allocation. More information you will find in this thread.

0 votes
Maria
Marketplace Partner
November 1, 2021

Hello @Claire Cousens, I'm Tania from the Planyway team. If you're still accepting suggestions, I'd like to propose you and your team to try Planyway. It's a simple tool to manage team's workload on the timeline. Here's a quick peek on how it may look: Resource Planning.png

Planyway also offers time tracking and multi-project view, as well as many other features. I'll be here if any questions :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events