Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is agile?

Lee Zuvanich
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 19, 2023

Please help me understand if I should use agile or waterfall for my project style.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2023

Hi @Lee Zuvanich 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!! 

Please refer to the below link for differentiation. 

https://www.atlassian.com/agile/project-management/project-management-intro

0 votes
Peter_DevSamurai
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 21, 2023

Good day ! @Lee Zuvanich , Welcome to the community!

The Waterfall model is a heavyweight process characterized by comprehensive documentation at each process step. In practice, as each stage unfolds, it yields new insights into previous phases, necessitating revisions at earlier stages. Furthermore, it becomes challenging to establish a proposed budget and schedule without a preliminary examination of the requirements and tentative design. 

However, the Waterfall model faces several practical issues, rendering it infrequently used. While it offers advantages such as process visibility, quality control, and cost monitoring at each step, it falls short in terms of flexibility. The detailed design and implementation phases often uncover gaps in the initial requirements, prompting modifications during the project’s development.

Agile developmen
t represents a lightweight approach characterized by minimal documentation created throughout the process, rooted in the Agile Manifesto’s principles for software development, emphasizing working software, customer feedback, and adaptability to change. The project’s development unfolds through numerous sprints, each culminating in thoroughly tested code. Following each sprint, the code may be released individually or combined with code from other sprints for subsequent releases, contributing to a larger code base. 

Agile development excels in continuously enhancing a system within its established architecture, minimizing resource wastage and enhancing adaptability to changes. It delivers high-quality software solutions swiftly. Nonetheless, minor disadvantages persist; for instance, higher-level teams must establish an overall architecture and coordinate sprint activities, and predictability can be compromised as Agile heavily relies on flexibility and adaptability. 

If you're interested more, check out this blog that answered your question in details and more!
Also, if you're interested in an app that supports all testing strategies, with great user experiences, come and find out here!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events