Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can't be done with Jira Software that can be done with Jira Work Management?

Mac February 2, 2022

Hi everyone!

I have seen the 1 minute video and read the features JWM has but given my inexperience with Jira Software I would really like to have some sort of comparison between these two and see what I gain with JWM.

I have been told that everything that can be done with JWM can also be done with Jira Software (So we would be paying basically for the extra templates and time saved thanks to that).

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2022

Hey Mac,

JWM is meant to be a quick and easy route for business teams to get up and running with Jira. It has less flexibility (and therefore power) that JSW, but has more handy features like a built-in Calendar, easy to create Form, Timeline (think roadmap) and a List with inline editing on almost all of the fields. 

JSW it going to give you the ability to modify Boards with more percision. 

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 2, 2022

Hi @Mac

just to add to John's answer, it's worth noting that many of the new features of Jira Work Management are available in a very similar form via the Atlassian Marketplace. These are then typically compatible with all project types, including Jira Software projects.

As examples, if you'd like to use a calendar view, you could check out Calendar for Jira. If you're looking for an interactive list/table view on your issues, you might like JXL for Jira. There's also a number of Form apps but I haven't tried them myself.

(Disclaimer: I work on JXL :))

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2022

Hi @Mac

JSW has a lot more configuration available, and does include Agile features such as sprints, boards, backlogs etc. like Fabio says.

That being said, administrating JSW is a fair bit more complicated than JWM, especially for company-managed projects, which have a lot of settings and configurations. So this might be something to bear in mind depending on your team/company's abilities and resources.

If you are doing any sort of development then I would recommend using JSW, whereas JWM is really targeted for business teams and processes, such as HR, Finance, basic project management, etc.

Here are some links which you may find useful:

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 2, 2022

Hi @Mac ,

JIRA Software allows you to add Agile capabilities to your projects (Boards, Backlog and so on).

All Jira Software speific features are available at the following url https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/features 

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events