What Permission do I need to Edit a Business Project Workflow?

Annie Lockwood March 28, 2022

I am set up as an administrator for our system. 

I have gone to Project settings > workflows.

I can see the workflow that we have setup, but I am not seeing the pencil icon to edit the workflow like is mentioned in the help articles (should be where the pink box is)

What permission do I need and where do I go to have it added so that I can edit the workflow? Thanks! 

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 1.37.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-28 at 1.56.06 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2022

Hi @Annie Lockwood  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Are you a project administrator for that project? 

And if so, is the workflow scheme for that project shared with other projects? 

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2022

Hi @Annie Lockwood 

Welcome to the community.

Try going to Settings/Issues/Workflows and find the PO: Project management workflow (just like you would for a Software, company managed project), you should be able to copy/edit from there.

Annie Lockwood March 28, 2022

I am not seeing that order of steps. Which Settings?? The one in the upper righthand corner? When i click that these are the options i get: Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 5.22.59 PM.png

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2022

Right, in which case you can't edit the Workflow (don't have Admin permissions). You will have to get in contact with a Jira Admin and get them to make the changes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events