Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch automotion issue

Teresa Ruiz-Rico Gómez July 21, 2023

How can I make secondary users receive a notification when an issue is created automatically? I am using the watchers function, but the notification in the "bell" does not reach the selected usersCapture_watchers.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik Korovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2023

Hello @Teresa Ruiz-Rico Gómez

From your description, it seems the issue might be due to the sequence of actions: the watchers are being added after the issue is created, which means they might not get the initial creation notification, as no further update has happened since then to trigger a notification.

To solve this, you have a couple of options:

1. Use the 'Send email' action in your automation rule to specifically send an email to the users you want to notify about the issue creation. You can customise the content of the email to provide all necessary information about the issue.
  2. Use the 'Comment on issue' action in your automation rule to automatically add a comment to the newly created issue. Jira should then send a notification to all watchers about the new comment.
  3. Edit issue (make a minor, non-disruptive change to the issue). This edit can be something as simple as adjusting a custom field or even updating the description with additional information.

Remember, the goal is to have an event that triggers a notification after the watchers have been added. Adding a comment or sending an email can serve as that event.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Patrik 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events