Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS-Gantt Chart does not preserve parent-child issue relation in JIRA

Guido Ridolfi April 7, 2023

Hi all,

I am working with JIRA Work Management and the WBS Gantt-Chart App. 

I created a template in WBS Gantt-Chart App with Tasks and subtasks and their dependencies.

When I use the template and populate the Epics with those Tasks and Subtasks, they show well-indented in WBS Gantt Chart. However, when I go back to the JIRA List board, I find that the relationship between the Epic and all the Tasks and Subtasks is not parent-child, hence the Tasks and Subtasks do not show nested within that Epic. 

When I click on the Epic I do see that those tasks and subtasks created with the template in WBS Gantt Chart are only "linked issues" and not "child issues". 

How do I make sure that the parent-child relation is preserved between WBS Gantt-Chart and JIRA?

Thank you all for any reply,

Cheers

Guido

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2023

Hi @Guido Ridolfi

I believe that this may not be supported on the WBS Gantt-App and JWM.  I recommend you contact them directly to confirm.

We had a similar issues with Advanced Roadmaps, where the parent-child relationships in the roadmap did not translate correctly in the WBS Gantt app. 

Regards,

Fabian

Guido Ridolfi April 10, 2023

Hi Fabian,

thank you.

Kind regards

Guido

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events