Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validators not working when doing transition using drag and drop on board

Adam Siemionczyk April 6, 2022

I created some validators for required fields. They are working fine when doing the transition using a drop down in the Edit Issue screen and when a filed value is missing, an error message is returned. However when doing the same transition from Board view by draging and droping the issue on next status in the workflow, all validators are ignored.

I don't have any transiton screen configured, because I don't need it.

I am using a business worklflow template.

Please help.

5 answers

0 votes
Sebastijan Bauman March 15, 2023

It also doesn't highlight where I am allowed to move my task (to which status) as it does with software project.

0 votes

I am having exactly the same issue as @Adam Siemionczyk is there any solution?

My transition from To Do to In Progress is simple, with only 3 validators:

• If a value for fields AssigneeDue dateOriginal estimateStart date is not provided during the transition, show the following error: This field is required. 
  • Verifies that field Due date is greater than or equal to now. Only date part.
  • Verifies that field Start date is greater than or equal to now. Only date part.

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 14.30.27.pngScreenshot 2023-03-15 at 14.30.36.pngScreenshot 2023-03-15 at 14.31.02.png

0 votes
William Kahn August 29, 2022

I have the same issue.

There is no 'required field' error message when the issue transitions in the board and it allows the transition.

If the field is empty when you transition within the issue, you do get the 'required field' error message. 

It is not a system error message, it is a customized 'required field' error. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

Hi William,

You should always create a new question for issues you are having so more people will see it. 

That being said, I suggest you open a support ticket with Atlassian:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Please post back here with the resolution so others can see the answer. Thanks!

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2022

Hi @Adam Siemionczyk  - Is this still a problem for you? Trying to understand more to see if I can duplicate the problem. 

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2022

@Adam Siemionczyk , welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Could you please specify the error message and add a screenshot of it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events