Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlink tasks

Felipe Rodrigo P. P. de Lima August 24, 2021

Good morning everyone.
Our team is using the timeline to create a project, but after having linked a subtask to another, it no longer unlinks, even clicking on the button it "blinks" as if it had unlinked, but then links again in less then one second. We've already removed the dates and put them back in, but once the date is re-entered, it automatically re-links each other again. Anyone know how I can detach from each other? We have the free plan at the moment, but maybe after this project I will be able to convince the directors to pay Jira.
Thank you very much for your attention.

unbind jira.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2021

Hello Felipe,

Thanks for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Testing on my local site, I wasn’t able to replicate the issue. Once I click unlink, it works normally.

I tested using Firefox and Chrome.

What browser are you using? Have you tested using another one?

It’s also important to disable all extensions and test again just to make sure nothing is blocking the feature from working correctly.

Have you tested removing the linked issue from the ticket instead of the timeline? Does it work?

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 17.01.44.png

Kind regards,
Angélica

Felipe Rodrigo P. P. de Lima September 8, 2021

Hi Angelica. I tested it on Google Chrome, Edge and downloaded FireFox to test as per the screenshots, and it's still the same thing. I don't have any extensions on any of the browsers, I cleared the cookies and the problem persists. I was the one who created the board and I am the administrator of the entire project, but both me and my co-workers were unable to unlink, all the same thing happens, when I click on unlink it "flashes" and becomes linked again.

uNLINK cHROME.pngUNLINK EDGE.pngUnlink firefox.png

I didn't find any option to unlink when clicking on the ticket as the screenshot below, can you explain better, please?

ticket.pngAnyway, thank you so much for the answer Angelica.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2021

Hello Felipe,

Thank you for the details and for testing.

Checking the logs of your site, it returned the error below:

Error performing JWMUnlinkItemsMutation mutation. Operation: gira-jbus-RemoveJWMDependencyTimelineView, Errors: Vinculação do item está atualmente desabilitado.

Then, I linked some tickets on the timeline and disabled the issue linking feature, that’s when I was able to replicate the issue.

Please, go to Cog icon > Issues > Issue linking > Activate.

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 09.45.00.png

After that, you should be able to unlink the tickets.

I reported this issue as a bug, because it should remove the dependencies (the same as it happens on the Roadmap on Jira Software projects):

Kind regards,
Angélica

Felipe Rodrigo P. P. de Lima September 10, 2021

Wow, thank you so much for your help, now it's resolved, my colleagues were complaining a lot about it with me and I had no idea what the problem was.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events