Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see custom fields in list view

Maggie Bianchi March 2, 2022

When clicking on the "+" to add fields to my list view, I am heavily restricted in the fields I can choose.  For example, I would like to view Epic Link (a Jira-created text field) and Points (a custom radio button field), and neither are available.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2023

Hi @Maggie Bianchi

meanwhile "some" more types of custom fields are available for the list view to be selected:

For "Epic Link" I had no success, other fields worked, though. Key is to put them on the screens in the screen scheme which is assigned to the JWM project - otherwise, I noticed, it won't work.

grafik.png

Cheers,
Daniel

Maggie Bianchi February 6, 2023

Thanks, Daniel!
It's really funny - since the time of asking this almost a year ago, I had Epic Link up and running and working great, and now it's in the list but not appearing on the cards.  Completely separate issue, but it's nice to see some headway on this topic in just under a year!

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2022

Hi Maggie - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Some custom field types are limited and not available for JWM List views. You should click on the Give Feedback button on the bottom left of the project and let them know what you would like. 

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2022

Hi @Maggie Bianchi

Welcome to the community!

For jwm, you are restricted on the fields. You can't pick up existing custom fields from other projects. You will have to create them again for your project.  

Regards

Maggie Bianchi March 3, 2022

I'll have to do some digging, then.  I am an admin on the project and have created custom fields at the global level.  Seems odd that they're showing up on the Issue view but then they're super restricted on the List view.

Luckily, they do appear when I'm doing an Advanced Search, so I can set up Filters that include the columns I need!

Like Fabian Lim likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events