Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Two Advanced Roadmaps view questions

Edited

1) Trying to format the "Issue" column. I see that SubTasks properly indent under Tasks, how do I get a Task to indent under a story? I am aiming for a view like this where Epic is the Top Level, then Story, Task and SubTask each indented under the other. Also, would be nice if I could Expand/Collapse these indents like Task/SubTask does,

2) Even though I have filtered-out Statuses like Closed, Resolved, Canceled and Declined they still show-up in my Roadmap view (but they are greyed-out). How do I drop those from the active view?

UPDATE: 

I think I have discovered the solution to question #2 ...

If I use the "Manage Views" section and forcibly exclude these statuses, they disappear from the Plan view, so that's  question 2 done unless there are other ideas on this?

2 answers

0 votes
John M Funk Community Leader May 12, 2022

Hey @Thomas Rogan

Story and Task are at the same level, so you cannot set one "under" the other like you can Sub-task (which you can set under either Story or Task issue types. 

So you can do Epic > Story > Sub-task or

Epic > Task > Sub-task

But you cannot do Epic > Story > Task > Sub-task

Still hoping for an answer on this:

1) Trying to format the "Issue" column. I see that SubTasks properly indent under Tasks, how do I get a Task to indent under a story? I am aiming for a view like this where Epic is the Top Level, then Story, Task and SubTask each indented under the other. Also, would be nice if I could Expand/Collapse these indents like Task/SubTask does,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Work Management

Join us for a live demo of Jira Work Management

Interested in learning more about Jira Work Management? Have questions you want to get answered? Join us for our upcoming live demo where we’ll take you through the essentials of Jira Work Manageme...

1,707 views 4 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you