Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning Off the Online User Feature in Jira Work Management Projects

Özge Kavas April 6, 2022

Hi dear Atlassian community people,

I have noticed that there is a new feature for Jira Work Management projects, which shows the users' online/offline status. This is really a nice feature, but some of our customers might have to switch it off due to GDPR reasons & workers councils. Although I looked into it, but I couldn't find how to turn off this feature. Does anyone knows how? 

As an example of this feature, you can see the screenshot below:

JWM - Online Users.png

Looking forward to hearing your answers! 😊

Best,

Özge

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jane Yeoh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2022

Hi @xw _ Özge Kavas , thanks for this. Right now there is no way to opt in or out of this feature. Are you able to send through your CloudID to my email: jyeoh@atlassian.com please, and we are able to turn this feature off for you.

Özge Kavas April 7, 2022

Hi @Jane Yeoh , thank you for the information and your suggestion. Let me align with our customer and I'll write you an email afterwards. 😊

3 votes
Walter Boese September 27, 2023

is there a solution (opt-out) in 2023? You are aware that this "feature" is illegal in some work environments, yes?

Maciek December 27, 2023
1 vote
Ron Levy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2022

@xw _ Özge Kavas thanks for highlighting this. @Jane Yeoh can you please take a look? thx!

0 votes
Maciek December 27, 2023
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2022

Hi @xw _ Özge Kavas , I have not seen this new feature yet. Maybe it's not on my instance as of yet. Can you tell me exactly where this is being presented? Is it on your board view or somewhere else?

Özge Kavas April 6, 2022

Hi @Jack Brickey , I think that it's a brand-new feature - I also noticed today.

It is presented in the List, Board, Calendar and Timeline views in JWM projects. It's on the upper right hand-side where you can also add people, share, search, filter, etc. (as in the screenshot that I shared). When there are more than one user added to the project, you can even hover over the pictures of the users and see who are offline as a list.

Screenshot 2022-04-06 at 15.11.58.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2022

Thanks. Seems like we have our answer here. Interesting that I did not see it listed in the "rolling out" blog. I would be interested in the value prop here. I get the purpose of presence in chat apps but not sure about this use case. @Jane Yeoh air @Ron Levy  can you elaborate or point us to some documentation?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events