Turn status into resolved

Rodrigo Delwin October 7, 2022

I haven't found a way in Jira to say that Status "X" is the resolution status of the item.

I created the Status "Completed", but in the reports it is not considered as resolved item.

Can anyone help me by telling me where I can do this configuration?

2 answers

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2022

Hi @Rodrigo Delwin Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Is your status Completed of the 'Done' category, so a "green" status?

If yes, please make sure that you add a post function to that transition that sets the Resolution to a value.

Have a look at this article: Best practices on using the "Resolution" field

My workflow is like this.

How do I create a post function for the status: Completed (green)?Captura de Tela 2022-10-07 às 12.18.28.png

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2022

Hi @Rodrigo Delwin and welcome to the community,

If you are using a CMP project, then when you create a new status you have to choose one of the three status categories: To Do, In progress and Done. Selecting the Done category will make your status a "final" status and the resolution will be set.

Go to cog > issues > statuses

FInd your status and edit it. Change the status category. Keep in mind that the changes you make, will affect ALL projects.  

Hello @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ Thanks!

I can't find this way: Go to cog > issues > statuses

Captura de Tela 2022-10-07 às 12.21.37.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events