Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to create monthly task (or issue) with sub tasks on the 1st day of the month.

Helen Craig May 20, 2023

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me or point me in the right direction.

I am trying to create a scheduled monthly issues called 1:1s which has a number of subtasks with peoples name which is assigned to their line manager and due within 10 working days. Ideally I'd like this to trigger on the 1st of the month.

I have been trying various things for an hour based on other help messages. This is what I've made:

Screenshot 2023-05-20 194813.png

But I'm getting this error:

automation.png

If anyone could help I would be extremely grateful.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2023

Hello @Helen Craig 

First I'd like to point out that you can set the Scheduled trigger to run on the first day of the month.

Screen Shot 2023-05-20 at 5.13.27 PM.png

Second, are you running this rule to create issues in a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project?

Third, can you confirm that the project People and HR include a Subtask issue type? Can you create a subtask manually in PHR-16?

Lastly, what have you specified as the Actor for the Rule in the Rule Details? Does that actor have the Browse Project permission in the PHR project?

Helen Craig May 21, 2023

Hi thanks for this Trudy, those steps have helped me fix it but I will leave notes here in case anyone is looking at this in the future.

That first day of the month is great - I hadn't realised you could do that. I will try it as that will solve a lot of problems.

It's a company managed project.

Yes I can manually create a sub-task, I've just tested it here:

Screenshot 2023-05-21 095335.png

The actor was set as automation for JIRA. I've changed it to me and it's now working - that was the issue. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events