Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to create a Workflow for HR

rafiqnawab September 2, 2022

I am trying to customise the default workflow, to take a user from pre hire activities, to interviewing, to offer.  The Hierarchy should be starting from Creating a JD, and then from that card, be able to log candidates, and then take candidates through the workflow...at the moment it seems the kanban is only for candidate level.  Is anyone able to help on understanding how to customise the workflow and kanban accordingly please?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2022

Hi @rafiqnawab 

I'd check out this page to start with: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/how-to-create-workflows/

Let us know if you have any specific questions :)

Ste

0 votes
rafiqnawab September 3, 2022

Thanks everyone for all your comments.  I'm finding the link from Stephen very useful!   Really appreciated... I will share once the process works.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2022

Hi @rafiqnawab  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Got to Settings > Issues > Workflows.

Search for your workflow and click the Edit button. 

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2022

Hi @rafiqnawab ,

Welcome to the community !!

If you want kanban to be used for this process, without adding the candidate to the licensed users list you cannot notify the candidate on the status. 
Each user added as licensed will cost you extra on Jira. 

Instead you can make use of Jira Service Management and add the required candidates to "Request participants" field in the tickets and they will be notified.  It doesn't cost you license. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events