Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is a way to add a filter in a task description or as a comment ?

iskoutari September 21, 2021

There is a way to add a filter in a task description or as a comment ?

I want to see the results of the filter in task either in the description or in the comment (or in any other way).

Preferably without saving the filter. I want to add directrly tha JQL in the task.

2 answers

0 votes
Influential Eliot March 12, 2024

This would be great.

The ability to (for example) type something like:

/filter status = "In Progress" AND Project = "PRJ"

Which would then return the results into the text:

1. PRJ-93 - This Project Yo!
  2. PRJ-23 - That Project Yeah!
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2021

Hi @iskoutari  - I am not completely understanding your question. Can you provide a detailed explanation of exactly what you are trying to do? 

iskoutari September 22, 2021

Hi,
for example: I have a jira task and I want to add in description or in comment a list of tsks based on filter (eg "Software Version[Labels]" = 1.67.0 ORDER BY status ASC, assignee ASC). But the software version is increasing every week, so I do not want to create a new filter every week.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2021

I am not aware of a way to dump the results of a filter into another field. If the values were already in a field, you could copy those into the Description field or into a comment, but not the list. 

@Bill Sheboy  - Any wizardry here?

Like iskoutari likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2021

Hi @iskoutari and @John Funk 

I noted two ideas here:

1. dynamically refresh a filter over time
  2. put the results of that filter into a field like Description, or add a comment

#1) For the dynamic filter, the ability to do that depends on how you determine something is your next software version.  If that is related to fixVersion, it could be easy as checking the earliest unreleased version.  Or, if the value is always increasing, you could run a query to get the latest value using lookupIssues and JQL to sort the results.  For example if you only used this for stories:

project = myProject AND issueType = Story ORDER BY "Software Version[Labels]" DESC

Then grab the first value from the result in lookupIssues to use in your query:

"Software Version[Labels]" = {{lookupIssues.first}} ORDER BY status ASC, assignee ASC

#2) To next put the results into a field like description or a comment, you could use a second lookupIssues call with that built JQL, and then format the results in your field:

{{#lookupIssues}}
<a href="{{url}}">{{key}} - {{summary}}</a>
{{/}}

Please note that lookupIssues only supports some issue fields.  If you need other fields, you will need to call the REST API and parse the results into a list.  Also note that lookupIssues can only return up to 50 issues; if there are more they will be missing from your list.

Kind regards,
Bill

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events