Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Templates in JWM

sarah-jane_atkins July 1, 2022

Hi

I have just started using JWM and I am struggling to find how to use templates. I know there are templates that have pre defined Flow categories. We have been using Trello for example for onboarding employees with pre defined cards like setup Google Workspace, Employee to create email signature then various cards on installing apps with Google docs attached with instructions on how to do.

Can this be done in JWM as it seems I cannot and to add the multiple cards each time is not time effective?

We really wanted the detailed reporting that JWM give like the timeline and calendar

TIA

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2022

Hi @sarah-jane_atkins ,

Jira templates apply to the overall structure of the project (issue types, workflows), and not to individual issues, like you have in Trello, but there are ways you can achieve the same end result.

You could set something up with Automation, for example create subtasks for Google Workspace, email signature, etc for each new issue created in the onboarding project. Check out this example: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/rules#/rule/112180

Another option would be to try an app that allows you to copy/clone template issues you have set up.

For example, you could use the subtask recipe feature of Elements Copy & Sync (full disclosure: I work for the vendor) to create multiple subtasks under an employee onboarding issue. You can pre-set the content of all your subtasks, so they already include instructions or links.

CS-subtask-example-min.gif

sarah-jane_atkins July 1, 2022

Thanks Laura,

The Automation sounds good I will have a look and see how I can set it to suit us

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events