Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tasks highlights & Column changing on JWM board

Maruf Mamurov December 28, 2021

Good time of the day, dear community!

I have two questions according to JWM Board.

1. When I want to change task status board do not show me to which column I can drag & drop my task. It does not highlight columns which can accept my task.

Board.gif

2. Why any user can change the order of colums. I predict only administrators have right to do this.

Board order change.gif

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2022

Hi @Maruf Mamurov 

I confirmed with Atlassian that any user can change any column on the board - however, it only affects that user's view of the board. There is no global configuration for board columns right now. 

And, no, currently the statuses that you can move to are not highlighted. They are aware and plan to put a fix in place for that in the future, but do not have a timeframe.

0 votes
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2021

Hi @Maruf Mamurov 

Good day !

I did check on this two points on my JWM board.

1. Yes it is not showing the available status as it highlights in jira software boards.

2. Yes it allowed any user who has access to view the board change the column order. To understand more I looked at the doc about board here https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/workflows-and-statuses-for-the-board/  but there also nothing is mentioned about who can change this order.

Atlassian Team has to provide points about this JMW board working,

Regards,

Vishwas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events