Swimlanes for Jira WM?

Emily Bell December 17, 2021

Hi all,

How can I configure swimlanes in JWM? I'm trying to create a board where multiple departments will add issues and we want to see swimlanes, especially visual color cues, at the board level to see it grouped by department. 

I've looked into all the fields, and troubleshooted for hours but I can't figure out how to do this. 

Is this possible?

4 answers

2 votes
Ron Levy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2021

Hi @Emily Bell indeed there are no swimlanes on the board for JWM at the moment but you can "group" items on the list view and we'll be adding more options to group by in the upcoming weeks. 

Can you please check this out and lmk if this answers your need?

cc: @[deleted] 

Emily Bell December 21, 2021

Hi Ron, Thanks for getting back to me. It would be so awesome to have swimlanes in JWM, so will look forward to when you are able to roll out that feature!

In the meantime, I've used groups (and filters) however it looks like 'groups' uses 3 standard settings - status, assignee, and priority. Is there a way to add more or customize this? 

Thanks!

Like # people like this
1 vote
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2021

I can confirm....no swimlanes are available for JWM projects at this stage...maybe next year?

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2021

Thanks.  I also checked on my cloud instance and there are no configs available on jwm boards.

0 votes
Jane Yeoh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2022

Hi @Emily Bell ,

Thank you for reaching out! I’m Jane, one of the Product Managers on the Jira Work Management team.

We’re currently testing out a new grouping concept on the board that's quite different from swimlanes. If you’re interested in being involved, feel free to book in some time in my calendar here: https://calendly.com/jyeoh/45min . We’d love to run through with you some designs and prototype that could help improve the way work is organised in your business boards.

Looking forward to hearing back,

Jane

Bianca Alexander March 28, 2023

Hi @Jane Yeoh are swimlanes still on the cards for JWM?

Like Rose McClelland likes this
0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2021

Hi @Emily Bell

Welcome to the community!

Have you tried configuring the swilmanes on the board?  https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-swimlanes/

Make sure you JQL Queries to identify the different deparments.

Regards.

Emily Bell December 17, 2021

HiFabian - thanks for the quick reply. I have read this article but when I go to the 'more....board settings' to review how to configure swimlanes, there's no option. 

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2021

I guess this is not available for jwm projects then.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events