Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure for Jira - how to calculate the difference between Work Estimate and Time Spent

Martin Härri September 8, 2021

I would like to have a column with a formula which shows the difference between Time Estimated and Time Spent. I created a test task with an estimate of 2d, and I logged 3d of work on it.

Then I created a formula with the syntax Originalestimate - timespent, but the result is -28800000 (instead of -1d). How do I format that field properly?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dima Kuzmin _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 8, 2021

Hi Martin,

Dmitrii with ALM Works here.

You could set Format to Duration and enable "Work Time" checkbox.

You'd probably also want to use ABS function to get rid of the minus, if Time Spent > Original Estimate.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Dmitrii Kuzmin

ALM Works

Martin Härri September 9, 2021

Brilliant, thanks a lot Dmitrii!

Like Dima Kuzmin _ALM Works_ likes this
dakulig
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 9, 2021

Hi, is it possible to achieve this in Cloud version of Structure?

Dima Kuzmin _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 9, 2021

Hi, at the moment it's not possible, because Formula feature is not available for Structure Cloud. But this is a high priority task for us, I will be happy to notify you when it's out!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events