Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Update of a created Issue

Stefan Thiem December 13, 2021

Hello,

in JIRA, I would like to set the status of all sub-tasks to the status of the parent issue (e.g. 'In Process'). Therefore, I wrote a script (postfunction) who changes the status of all existing sub-tasks automatically after the status of the parent issue has been changed (which is working fine). In addition, I would like that the status of a new sub-task automatically receives the status of its parent issue. However, this is not working, as the transition path seems to be invalid. The new sub task always gets the first status ('Planning'). Is there a way to solve this or had anyone the same problem? Thx for your help, cheers Stefan

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

Hello @Stefan Thiem 

Welcome to the community!!

This use case can be implemented using Automation. The trigger can be the creation of a new sub-task or an update to the parent issue.

Kindly let me know if you need further details on how this can be set up.

Please accept the answer if this helps you.

Stefan Thiem December 13, 2021

Hello @Gaurav ,

thank you for your quick answer. Is there a possibility without using Automation (as I have not utilized it yet)? And how would I implement this using Automation?

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

Hello @Stefan Thiem 

Honestly, I am not aware if this is possible without Automation. A sample rule for similar Automation is provided here.

This can be customised as per your business use case.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events