Status Duplications

Mark Jennings October 18, 2022

Hey everyone,

In my status list for an incident I am seeing double selections, I'm not sure how or where I can change this.

I have checked against the workflow diagram and it all looks normal.

image.png

Any help will be appreciated, tia.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2022

If you look at your workflow, do you by any chance have multiple transitions to the same status that correspond to the doubles in the list? Or do you have one transition and the status also have an All transition?

Mark Jennings October 18, 2022

image.png

This is my workflow, sadly I do not have access to amend (would be my admin/manager).

Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2022

Yes, as you can see from Work in Progress for example you can go to all statuses that as All, but you can also go directly to Completed (which means you have two paths there) and Pending Live Deployment (same there) as two examples.

This is why you have double transitions.

I wonder if this workflow is in a state of change because if you have all statuses with All, then you don't need direct transitions...

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2022

I won't repeat what Jimi said because he's said almost everything you need to know.  I just wanted to add that the duplicates that are labelled "transition to" are the ones labelled as "all" in the diagram.

Like # people like this
1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2022

Hey Mark,

Duplicate statuses tend to show up because of Team- managed projects since they are independent projects and might (probably will) have a lot of duplicates across the projects.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events