Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Sprints in Jira Work Management?

Hi Guys, I've been working with my marketing team on Jira Software. We love working in biweekly sprints with defined business goal to achieve.

I am now testing Jira Work Management and different types of projects, but I don't see any tools to start a sprint with defined goal within the ecosystem. Am I missing something?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Anita Wojtaś

Welcome to the community!
Unfortunately sprints exists only on Jira Software and not on Jira Work Management :)

Alex

Thanks for the answer, @Alex Koxaras _Relational_! And sorry to hear that as I see some awesome features in Jira Work Management.  Maybe we'll figure something out :) Cheers!

Anita, a workaround will be (but it will require manual monitoring):

• Add the Epic issue type on your project
  • Create as many epics as you want with the "Sprint-" name conventions. These epics will act as sprints containers
  • Define start end end dates for these Epic/Sprints
  • Create either stories or tasks inside each epic
  • Create X versions which you then later release upon sprint end cycle
  • Monitor your sprints from the timeline

Will that work for you?

Alex

We'll test your solution, thanks @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ :)

Hi! @Anita Wojtaś @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ curious how it worked out for you guys here?

I wish that the work management view was built into JIRA Software or as an option vs a completely separate product. The combination of JIRA Software + Work Management views would be the ultimate tool.

Like # people like this

Hi @Stephen Pinto ,

Well, for me there wasn't a need to try this out. Did you try it? Is it handy, or not?

@Stephen Pinto I've decided to stay on Jira Software Tool with my marketing team as we work in 2-weeks sprints and we need a clear view of the on-going tasks in the sprint.

@Anita Wojtaś makes sense, thank you.

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ yes I wish that Jira had built this WM on top of JIRA software or at least made it an option. Or for WM to have sprints. Missed opportunity for companies which have teams closely aligned with software teams. Such as a Marketing + Web team. Otherwise a Marketer has to choose to use WM or JS but then still submit separate tickets to software team. 

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ is there any plans to add Sprints to WM?

@Elisha_Smallcombe hi!

Not that I'm aware of. You could check this page https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/cloud?selectedProduct=jiraWork for future updates. However I doubt that they will include this in Work Management. :/ 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events