Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single user picker field on Jira Form is not honoring the Jira custom field filter

Dmytro Mykytenko February 27, 2024

I believe that I observe the same behavior as the one discussed here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-10802 but this time with Jira Work Management (cloud version). Is there any known workaround for the problem, except for not using the form at all? Is there a chance for a permanent fix?

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2024

Hi Dmytro,

Can you supply the steps you used to recreate the problem? 

And is this an Advanced Form? Or the built-in Jira Work Management form? 

Dmytro Mykytenko February 27, 2024

Hi John,

actually, the issue I was referring to has perfect description, I doubt my explanation can be any better. But anyhow, here are some screenshots:

• I have single user picker custom field
    1.png
  • Here's user filtering enabled on this field
    2.png
  • When this field is user from JWM itself, it's populated as expected
    3.png
  • But when it's used from the form configured in JWM and embedded in Confluence page the filter is ignored4.png

It's built-in Jira Work Management form. Not much to configure for the form itself. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 29, 2024

Well that ticket says it was closed and fixed. Maybe some regression happening. Let me see if someone from Atlassian can come take a look. 

Dmytro Mykytenko February 29, 2024

That ticket was for Jira Service Management, perhaps the fix did not cover Jira Work Management..? 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 29, 2024

Yes, good point. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events