cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing Due Dates in the Issue Tasks

Sara Palmitessa August 4, 2022

Hello,

I have a couple of questions about the task list inside the issue:

1. Is there a way to show due dates in the task list? I know you can click on the specific to-do task and see the due date, but I want to know if I can show it as one of the columns on the right along with the assignee, status, and priority?

2. I cannot click on the image of the person or initials of the assignee to quickly change who it is assigned to.  The only way I have been able to change who it is assigned to is if I do bulk edit.  Is that the only way?

I am very new to Jira so any specific details will help.  Jira screenshot _ adding due dates.PNGThank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2022

Hello @Sara Palmitessa 

Unfortunately we're unable to change the fields and the order of fields that appear in issue lists within an issue. Here's an issue raised with Atlassian that you can vote on though!

We're also unable to change the assignee quickly from this screen. You would have to do a bulk edit (as you mentioned) or go into each issue to change the assignee there.

Hope this helps

Thank you!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eugenio Onofre
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2022

@Sara Palmitessa 

1. No. It is not possible to add the Due Dates to this screen. In order to do so, you have to use the filters or the dashboards. You can create a filter for Subtasks, for example, and show it in a filter results gadget.

2. You shoud be able to change the assignee by going into the task you want to change and changing it on the Assignee field. If you are not able to change it there, a configuration may be missing on your Issue View screen configuration.

Regards.

Thank you for your quick response!

Like Eugenio Onofre likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS