Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Project Management Structure using Components

Matt Ward July 27, 2021

Hey Guys

I am trying to set up a project Management structure using components or some other aspect of Jira where I can group issues and subtasks but am unable to find where I can set this flow up, are there any ideas you have on this?

Thanks  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2021

Hi Matt,

The components field could certainly be used to help organize issues within Jira.  I suspect that if you cannot find the components to setup here, you are either in a team managed project, or your account is not an administrator of that particular project.

We are tracking a request to add that field to team-managed project types (formerly known as next-gen) over in JSWCLOUD-17601.  More general information about the differences between these project types can be found in What are team-managed and company-managed projects.

That said, for company-managed projects, the component field is customizable to any project administrator.  There are steps on how you can do this over in Organize work with components.

I hope that helps explain how you can do this. 
Let me know if you have any questions.

Andy

Matt Ward July 29, 2021

Thanks Andy!

Stephen Wigney August 1, 2021

Hey @Andy Heinzer - this is very useful, thanks.  Can I include an issue's (task/sub-task) onto a Board?  Similar to how Epics/parents work in Software projects?

cheers,

Steve.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events