Set a issue security scheme to task type

Pauline Hild November 9, 2022

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of setting up an Issue security scheme that will allow only certain people to see the tasks of a certain task type.

For example, I have the task type "Finance" that I don't want everyone to see. Unfortunately, I have only found the function to apply the issue security scheme to individual projects, but I would like to set it for all finance tasks.

How can I set this?

Kind regards,
Pauline 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2022

Hey Pauline,

Issue Security levels are tied to individual issues, not issue types. You can create an automation rule to apply a particular issue security level by Issue type if you like - but that's how you will have to do it. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2022

The security scheme is a project setting, not issue-type.

Pauline Hild November 12, 2022

Hey John,

thanks for your answer. What kind of "action" do I need to include in the automation rule to apply an Issue security level to a Task type? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2022

A simple "edit" action will offer you the option to edit the "security level" field.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2022

As Nic said - just do a new action for Edit Issue. Then choose the Security Level field. Then you will actually be able to select the existing Security Level that you want automation to apply. 

Pauline Hild November 15, 2022

Alright, thanks to both of you for your help!

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events