Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send email when issue is created automatically

Teresa Ruiz-Rico Gómez July 21, 2023

Hi all,

When I parameterize that an issue is created automatically (in the automotion tab), then I have configured that an email is sent to the assignee. In the audit log it always appears that there is an error in sending the email for the following reason:

"As there is no issue present, cannot get the value of the field:
assignee
Could not send email, the 'To' address field is empty. If you have referenced a field it may be empty."
How can I solve this, as I the issue has been created with its corresponding assignee?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2023

Hi @Teresa Ruiz-Rico Gómez ,

Is the ticket being auto-assigned to anyone as soon as it is created ? Or atleast before the rule is run ? 

The issue is created and it is assigned to a specific person always.

Capture_email3.PNGCapture_email1.PNGCapture_email2.PNG

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2023

1. How is the ticket being assigned to specific users ?
Is it by automation rule OR project default settings OR Components lead ?

Seems rule is running before the ticket gets assigned to the Assignee.

@Rilwan Ahmed Look, it is correctly assigned:

Capture_email5.PNG

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2023

As informed earlier, the rule is triggered before the ticket is being assigned. Even I was able to reproduce the issue. 

image.png

Then @Rilwan Ahmed do you have any proposal on how I can solve this?

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2023

Workaround:

Add a JQL condition in Scheduled issues trigger
i.e. Project = <Your Project>

Create Component "FOR EACH: Create a Branch"  --> Branch rule/ Related issues --> Send Email. 

image.png

Thanks! @Rilwan Ahmed now it works :).

But I can enter this function when some cases are lauched at the same time? This could cuase any error?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Best regards,

Like John Funk likes this

Hi @Rilwan Ahmed I mean I have the possibility to do this. This is the correct way?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Capture_branch.PNG

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2023

Hi @Teresa Ruiz-Rico Gómez 

I suggest, create different rules for daily and weekly scheduled jobs. It would be easy for you to identify and check the audit logs in future. 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2023

Hi @Teresa Ruiz-Rico Gómez 

Can you share a screenshot of your entire rule? 

Sure: @John Funk 

Capture_email1.PNG

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2023

Do you have a JQL statement in your Scheduled trigger part? Can you share that? 

No, this is my schedule part:

Capture_email3.PNG

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2023

Okay, let's try putting a Branch between the last two actions. Use Most recently created issue for the Branch type. 

Then move the Send Email action under the branch. 

I am assuming that in the Create issue action you are setting the value of the assignee. 

Hi @John Funk I have this problem:

Capture_email4.PNG

Hi, it is correctly assigned @John Funk 

Capture_email5.PNG

@John Funk , then how can I resolve this?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2023

Sorry, use Current Issue instead of most recently created. And don't forget to move the Sent email action underneath the branch. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2023

@Teresa Ruiz-Rico Gómez  - Did you try this latest?

yes, now it works :)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2023

Yay!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events