Search restrictions in JQL

青山 明 May 21, 2022

In Jira Work Management automation rules I'm using an issue search for an action. The description of the issue search action states "Search for up to 100 issues using JQL and include the results list in other actions by using the {{lookup Issues}} smart value." Does this mean that you can only search for up to 100 issues? Or does it return up to 100 search results?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2022

Hi @青山 明 , isn't the result the same? Search for 100 issues max will display 100 search results max.

Search for unlimited issues will also display 100 search results max.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2022

Regardless, I think the answer is Yes. 

青山 明 May 21, 2022

After all, does that action mean you can search for over 100 issues?

Does that mean there is no limit to the number of searches?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2022

You can search in general for more than 100 issues. Or you can use a JQL in your rule that returns more than 100 issues. But the #lookupIssues functionality will only process 100 issues. 

青山 明 May 23, 2022

Do you mean to list up to 100 issues for the issues searched by JQL?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2022

Yes, that's the most that could be listed.

0 votes
Pablo Etcheverry July 27, 2023

Hi, I have a question. Why the limit is 100? Is there a way to get a list of issues than are more that 100 in automation?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events