Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScriptRunner Cloud Behaviour on View Screen

Richard Murry March 23, 2024

I'm fairly comfortable with SR behaviors for Server/DC, but this is my first time using it in Cloud. Ultimately, I want to hide a field based on issue status, but as a first step, I'm attempting to just hide the field at all times. I can get the field to be hidden on the Create screen, but not the View screen. In the behavior configuration I've checked the options for 'On Load' and for the 'Create View' and 'Issue View' screens. The only active code I have is:

getFieldById("customfield_10126").setVisible(false)
This cf is a date picker, but I've also tried a single select list. The project is a company managed project. Per the documentation, I should be able to hide either field type on the both screens, but I can't get the field(s) to hide on the view screen. What am I doing wrong? Or is this a bug?

2 answers

0 votes
Richard Murry March 25, 2024

[Removed]

0 votes
Harsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2024

HI @Richard Murry 

Unfortunately, if the field has any values associated with it, it will be visible in the view screen. As per my knowledge, you cannot restrict field visibility in view screen.

The only way to achieve this is to make the field value empty, when it is reaching the status.

Hope this helps.

Richard Murry March 29, 2024

Thank you for the reply. 

Currently the field does not have a value and I still can not seem to hide it on anything other than the create screen. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events