You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
For our Jira Work Management Board, The Scheduler app access won't let my team members who are also administrators create templates. How do I change this?
I believe I need to change Project Permissions as it currently has The Scheduler as
However, another project that allows my team to create templates has the same type of access but is under a different permissions scheme name.
Hi @Ryan White ,
I'm from the team behind The Scheduler.
Basically, our app adds 2 custom permissions:
1st most important is global (managed by administrators): The Scheduler: Access
2nd is on project level (can be different on project bases): The Scheduler: Use
Now, with browse project + create issue project permissions users can create (& execute) new templates.
"atlassian-addons-project-access" is a Jira Cloud specific role which is used by apps and allowing apps to make certain actions in Jira - by default this role is included in all permissions, to make sure apps can perform their actions.
Here you can read about The Scheduler's permissions: https://psc-software.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SCHED/pages/1322024987/Permissions
Thanks for the reply. I can't seem to access the link you've shared, do I need to have a different role permission?
Could you please elaborate from your comment as to the next steps on how I can give the rest of my team access to use your app and create templates?
For the global The Scheduler: Access - the administrators for this are our company administrators or the project administrators?
The project is a company managed project if that helps.
Thanks in advance :)
Mentioned page is available to public, "anyone on the internet" should have access please check it eg. on Chrome browser.
We have just released v3.2.0 with some updates to permissions, now users should see appropriate messages, if any of the required permissions are missing.
Here you can check the table with examples of permissions: Examples of applied permissions
1. Mentioned role for "atlassian-addons-project-access" -> should be granted all permissions.
2. "The Scheduler: Access" - it's global managed by Jira admins permission and it should be as brad as it can be as this is the 1st checked by app permission.
3. "The Scheduler: Use" - granting this permission will allow user on project lvl to use the app. With modification of the permissions schemes and usage of roles you can modify who can use app and it can be different on project bases.
4. To create Jira issues in given project users need to have "Create issue" permission
5. To view Jira issues in project users need and "Browse project" permission
6. To create & view Scheduled issues in given project users also need to have "Create issue" & "Browse project" permissions
I hope this clears it out :)
In case of any other problems, please contact our support directly at: The Scheduler Support