Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Automations JQL Not Working With Double Quotes

Tom N Scoggin Jr April 26, 2023

I've successfully created a couple scheduled automations with (Project = "Project Name" AND Status = Verify) but when I change the Status to (Status = "To Do") the system validates the JQL but it will not publish it. The system just spins and never publishes. 

I've tried this several ways and it always gives me trouble when using any "" in the JQL.

We are using Jira Software for Data Center

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Answer/Workaround

Project = "Project Name" AND Status was not "Done" And Status was not "Cancelled"

This is the only way I was able to make it work. "Was not" seems to work with everything, even with statuses like "In Progress" which has a space in it. I don't know what's going on with "in" or "not in" but any time you use some of the other validators it does not like double quote with something in it with a space like "In Progress".

Maybe this will help someone else.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Glad you figured out a workaround for it. 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Hi Tom,

Are you tying it from scratch or are you pasting it in from somewhere? If pasting, try typing it directly and see if that helps. 

No. I typed it in and if I change "To Do" to a single word like Verify it works every time.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2023

Strange. I would try putting it in the advanced query, execute the search from there, then copy and paste the entire query into the Automation section and try the verify then. 

I've done that. The JQL is fine in the filters but not when you do a " " in the Scheduled automation.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2023

That really doesn't make sense at all. Wondering if it is a browser thing. Maybe try clearing cache or try with Incognito. 

This is just stupid. I've tried all your suggestions but get the same results. It verifies the JQL string but will not publish it.

How can I get the Status field name to try and enter that? You know like you can do with custom fields customfield_1205

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2023

You can't verify it, but you can put the code in and then try to publish it at least. You can past the whole query here first if you want a set of eyes to check syntax. 

Went a different rout. Not perfect but it works.

Project = "Project Name" AND Status was not "Done" And Status was not "Cancelled"

This is the only way I was able to make it work. "Was not" seems to work with everything, even with statuses like "In Progress" which has a space in it. I don't know what's going on with "in" or "not in" but any time you use some of the other validators it does not like double quote with something in it with a space like "In Progress".

Maybe this will help someone else.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events