Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Risk Management

Khai Bulatao October 4, 2021

Hi, 

We are setting up out Project/ s in JIRA and we'd need to track our risks (with the necessary risk details) that can be pulled as a report. I'd like to ask what's the recommended structure and any samples on how current projects set up their risk management in JIRA.

Thank you!

4 answers

3 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2021

HI @Khai Bulatao 

Plug-ins are great and provide nice visualisation/reporting options.

But you can get started by simply creating a Risk issue type and giving it some relevant custom fields (Impact, Likelihood etc). You can also give them a custom workflow based on Risk ROAMing.

This is a free and easy way to get started. Plus you can build dashboard and confluence views to assist present the data.

risk.png 

4 votes
Answer accepted
Marion Lepmets _SoftComply_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 4, 2021

Hi Khai, 

In case you would like to manage risks in Jira and report them in Confluence, you could try out the SoftComply Risk Manager app.

We have just released a Confluence extension to the Risk Manager app on Jira Cloud to make reporting super easy. You can display the Risk Matrices and the Risk Table with all your risks and associated details on your Confluence pages by using this extension.   

In case of questions, please let me know. 

Kind regards, Marion

Khai Bulatao October 5, 2021

Thank you for this, I will check this one out. :)

4 votes
Answer accepted
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2021

Hi @Khai Bulatao ,

Thanks for posting and welcome the community. I am not sure you are planning to use any marketplace plugins to achieve this or not. If  yes, you can check these marketplace plugins and see if it solves your purpose.

1. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213146/risk-register?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Alternatively, you can follow the below mentioned article to handle risk through issue type, custom fields and creating workflows - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/How-Atlassian-uses-Jira-to-manage-risks-and-compliance/ba-p/896891 and https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/How-Atlassian-uses-Jira-to-manage-risks-and-compliance/ba-p/899058.

Please check and let me know if that helps.

Note :  I am not promoting any marketplace app and the above response and recommended app was just an example based on user query.

Cheers

Suvradip

0 votes
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 8, 2021

Hi @Khai Bulatao

If you consider plugins, BigPicture (PPM tool) can provide the solution you are looking for.

Apart from supporting project management, the plugin includes a risks heat-map, which can be used to visualize the level of risk resulting from, e.g., the risk assessment by considering the category of probability or likelihood against the category of consequences or severity. Axes are fully configurable and can be adjusted to SAFe ROAM Quadrant as well.

image - 2021-10-08T091946.703.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events