Resolution not updating in team-managed project

Kirsti Griffith January 21, 2022

Hello, i have searched through the community boards on this issue and while i have found several issues relating to my issue, the resolution doesn't work for my situation.  As i have read, for team-managed projects, the column on the furthest right of the "board" sets the resolution status.  However, this does not seem to actually work. While there is indeed a little green checkmark, the actual resolution status is still set to "unresolved".  The project was setup using the out-of-the-box Task Tracking project template, on Jira Work Management.  We would like to be able to hide issues from the "Done" column, and i understand that Jira has an auto Archive functionality after 14 days; however, if the resolution isn't being updated, will this still work?

Additionally, we would like to be able to use multiple "Done" statuses (such as "Won't Do" or "Rejected") that all set the resolution, however, it seems this is not achievable with Team Managed projects, at least in Jira Work Management? I saw on this support article that you can map multiple statuses to one column; however, that isn't even an option in Jira Work Management.

We are using Jira Work Management, Team-Managed project. 

I've attached screenshots of the Board, Workflow, and list of Issues (showing resolution as "unresolved" for the Done tasks)

2022-01-21_14-48-29.png2022-01-21_14-47-50.png2022-01-21_14-49-15.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kirsti Griffith January 21, 2022

I see that there is a field called "statusCategory" that can be used for filters and such, which gives us the functionality i needed in the first place. I will have to just wait 14 days to see if the auto-archiving feature is working properly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events