Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolution = completed items

Rodrigo Damasceno de Carvalho August 2, 2022

I'm using Jira Work Management in kanban format and I created an automation to validate a step and change the resolution for completed items and after a few days the items disappeared. I don't know what the completed items function does.Captura de tela 2022-08-02 152325.png

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2022

Hey Rodrigo,

Thank you for reaching out.

The resolution field defines when an issue is fully resolved, together with the status field. The configuration of this field affects default filters and reports, however, it does not remove issues from boards.

As you can check in our official documentation, The board define as "done" all the issues mapped to the last (Rightmost) column of your board, and automatically hide them after 14 days:

You’ll only be able to view a done item in the Done column for 14 days of it being moved there. After 14 days, the board will omit the item. You’ll still be able to see it in the list, timeline, and calendar view.

I believe that's the reason your issues disappeared from your board.

You can check the documentation below for more details about the resolution field:

Best practices for using the "Resolution" field 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events