Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting / Dashboards

Ioanna Malachtari November 25, 2021

Hi all,

There are already several posts regarding reporting and dashboards, but I still haven't found what to do exactly and I will appreciate your advice.

I want to create a report (or a dashboard if it's easier), where I can see my team's performance overall (open vs closed tickets). There is such report already (default of Jira), but there are some people included in the results, which I want to exclude. Meaning, I want to make it more specific, because in my team we are 5 people, and the existing report  includes everyone.

I also want to create a report for each developer separately. Eg. for X developer I want to see how many tickets they closed within 7 days (or more), and if they reached the SLA.

Could you please help?

Thank you in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 7, 2021

Hello @Ioanna Malachtari 

You can try Time in Status for Jira Cloud. It generates 7 types of time reports incuding an Assignee time report, that shows how long each of your colleague (developer) has been working on each issue. 

Just choose the person you need and get all necessary data.

assigneereport.png

Hope you find it helpful.

Regards, Mariana

0 votes
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2021

Hey @Ioanna Malachtari :)

Depending on how advanced or detailed your reports need to be, I can recommend you a few solutions:

Custom Charts for Jira is a simple and highly customizable solution that allows you to add/remove the desired metrics. You can create beautiful charts and arrange your dashboard the way it fits your team.

eazyBI Reports and Charts is another solution you may give a try. It has a tremendous amount of capabilities, but it's a little bit harder for first-time users.

I would recommend checking them both or browsing the Reporting section of the Atlassian Marketplace.

Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2021

Hi @Ioanna Malachtari ,

You can narrow the scope of the default Jira gadget reports with a JQL filter to take into account only specific people as issue assignees. See an example for reporters here - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-operators/#Advancedsearchingoperatorsreference-ININ.

If you are looking for a broader range of reports than Jira provides out of the box, the suggestions by @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ ( thank you for mentioning eazyBI ;) are all good options.

As for eazyBI, you can check out its possibilities without installing it on the Demo account - https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/dashboards/5942-project-overview.

Best,

Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Ioanna Malachtari November 28, 2021

Hi,

Thank you both for your replies.

I understand that someone has to buy an extra feature for better reporting in Jira. 

Nonetheless, I want to try without buying. When I edit the series, I choose status = done for all the closed cases, whereas status != done for the open ones. And at the same time I select the specific assignees. However, the results are wrong. Should I edit another variable too?

2021-11-28_12-39-08.png

Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2021

Hi @Ioanna Malachtari ,

I can't tell you more without knowing what is wrong with the results and what you still want to exclude or include.

Best,

Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Ioanna Malachtari December 2, 2021

Hi @Roberts Čāčus 

Thank you for your reply.

Let me make it clearer:

The team has overall 7 developers. I want to make a report for the 4 of them regarding how many tickets they closed within a week vs the open ones (basically I want to see their performance).

I select the variables I mentioned above, and the results are wrong, because the graph shows less closed tickets than they really are.

So I am wondering if I should select something else apart from status and assignee as filters.

Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2021

Hi @Ioanna Malachtari 

If the users are not assignees of the closed issues, then theyr won't show up in the filter. You could try an advanced JQL filter, similar to the one below:

status changed to "Done" BY (dsnow,alinda)

It looks for issues that were transitioned to the status "Done" by the two specific users.

Best,

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events