Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Unused Status/Column In JWM

Nathan Farrar February 7, 2022

I setup a team-managed JWM project (using the project management template).

The JWM project has some items that I'm selling. It's pretty basic.

I changed the "Task" issue type to "Sale." I added custom fields for that Issue Type. Everything good!

I then edited the workflow, and added three new status':

• "Ready to List" (sell)
  • "Listed" (for sale)
  • "Sold"

Then I deleted the "In Progress" and "Done" statuses.

When I go return my board, I see all six columns (including the "In Progress" and "Done"), even though there are only four present in the workflow.

I tried to get around this by deleting the new status' from the workflow - however when I delete them from the workflow, they still exist even though they are present on the workflow - and subsequently, now I have *every* status represented as a column in the project board and can't find anyway to delete them.

If I go back to the workflow and edit it, then go to add a new status, I see that the old status' which are no longer in the workflow are still present as part of the project, even though they aren't part of the workflow.

I  was going to migrate the issues over to a new project and start over - however I believe all the custom field data will be lost in the process.

Kind of a nightmare. Any suggestions?

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2022

Hi Nathan,

This appears to be a bug as I can reproduce the same results. You should report this to Atlassian here:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2022

My guess is, you need to replace the workflow scheme (just like you would for any Company Managed project). 

Make sense?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events