cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Regular users cannot see other assignees to filter the board by

Julien Béchade May 30, 2023

Hi,

I'm not sure how to solve this.
As an admin I can see all of the assignees at the top of the board view and can filter by those but regular users cannot.

I assume this is a permission issue so how can I make it work so regular users can also see all assignees and filter by them?

Cheers.

Julien.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2023

Hello @Julien Béchade 

Can you get a screen image from the user and a screen image of what you see and show us both?

Can you confirm that the user has not activated any Quick/Custom filters when they are viewing the board, and that they are in fact viewing the same board as you?

Is this for a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project?

If you know of a specific issue assigned to another person that should display on the board, can you confirm that the user who is unable to see all the assignees can access the issues assigned to other users? If Issue Security/Restrictions have been implemented and the user with the problem is unable to see the issue assigned to the other users, then they won't see those users on the board.

Hi Trudy,

Thanks for your help!

Can you get a screen image from the user and a screen image of what you see and show us both?

No, I cannot atm but those users only see their own user while I can see all of theirs. See picture below.

Screenshot 2023-05-30 211305.png

Can you confirm that the user has not activated any Quick/Custom filters when they are viewing the board, and that they are in fact viewing the same board as you?

No quick/custom filters and we're indeed looking at the same board.

Is this for a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project?

Company managed.

If you know of a specific issue assigned to another person that should display on the board, can you confirm that the user who is unable to see all the assignees can access the issues assigned to other users? If Issue Security/Restrictions have been implemented and the user with the problem is unable to see the issue assigned to the other users, then they won't see those users on the board.

They can see all issues and can assign to each others.

I should mention that this JWM project was created on the free plan so it got the "free" permission scheme but anyone logged in can see and do everything so it should not be an issue, right?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2023

Are the users able to see other users in the user picker fields, like the Assignee field?

I'm wondering if this could be impacted by whether or not the users have the Global Permission for Browse Users and Groups. If they are not able to see other users in the user picker fields then they are missing that permission, and that could be the cause for the problem in the board.

Of course, silly me. We're using Atlassian Access to provision groups and users and that particular provisioning group was newly created hence not added to the Browse Users and Groups global permission.

I fixed that now and will check with my colleague in the morning.
I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers.

Julien.

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
Julien Béchade May 31, 2023

Hi Trudy,

It was indeed that global permission the user group was lacking.
I feel a bit stupid to have overlooked the obvious but I did need to rubber duck it with someone. Thanks for your help ❤

Cheers.

Julien.

Like Trudy Claspill likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders