Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project or Epic

Simon Unicomb July 25, 2021

Hi,

I am new to Jira work Management and I am trying to implement an onboarding and activation process. 

I am wondering if I should be creating a new Project for each new client and the project name being that of the client or simply an Epic?

I like the overview I get with Epic per client, but with a single short key, it can be confusing when my team has 10 clients and multiple tasks for each.

I also need to be able to report on the entire onboarding process. Can I get a good overview if I use Projects for each? 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2021

Hello @Simon Unicomb,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

When it comes to onboarding, it really depends on how you and your team need to organize it. 

If each client has many users/customers for onboarding, maybe a project for each one is a good option.

There are some documentation that may help you with that:

Regarding the reports, please check the documentation below:

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2021

Hi Simon - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

In your case, I would probably create a separate project for each Client. Then you can handle each person for the onboarding within the client. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events