Project Board Views Only Show One Issue Type

Matthew Finger May 8, 2023

I have several projects, all of which have multiple types of issues and different workflows for each type. I used to be able to see all of the different issue types in the Board view, where I could filter them according to what I needed to see. But I can now only see one (or sometimes zero) issue types in a given project. For example, in one project I can only see Assets and in another I can only see Tasks. There are no filters applied to the boards. Has anyone seen something like this before?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2023

Hi Matthew,

JWM boards will only show issues in a single workflow at one time. You must use the More link and change the workflow to see issues associated with that workflow. It might be one issue type or it might be multiple issue types associated with the workflow. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2023

Hi @Matthew Finger and welcome to the community!

I would check the following:

• Board Filter - Is it capturing everything it's supposed to capture?
  • Column Mappings - Perhaps the issues are coming in, but the statuses aren't mapped to the columns
Matthew Finger May 8, 2023

Thanks! I think it I figured it out. The board will only show one workflow at a time, so I can only show issue types associated with that workflow. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events